20 Minute Firecracker Salmon. Pan fried salmon topped with a sweet and spicy firecracker sauce. A quick and easy weeknight meal!
I first introduced you guys to this amazing sauce with my Slow Cooker Firecracker Meatballs. This sauce is amazing! It’s the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. It’s awesome on anything and is especially awesome on this salmon!
The sauce is made up of equal parts buffalo sauce and brown sugar with a splash of soy sauce.
To make this Firecracker Salmon simply pan fry the salmon in a skillet for 3-4 minutes on each side. Searing the salmon in a hot pan keeps the salmon crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. The high heat and quick cooking also helps to seal in moisture.
- 2 salmon filets, skin on
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- sliced green onions for serving
- crushed red pepper flakes for serving
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Once hot add in the salmon skin side down.
- Cook salmon for 5-7 minutes on skin side (depending on size).
- Very carefully flip salmon. If the skin is sticking to the pan give it more time to cook. It should release easily from the pan.
- Continue cooking for 1-3 minutes or until the salmon is fully cooked and looks opaque.
- Meanwhile add buffalo sauce, brown sugar and soy sauce to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Brush the firecracker sauce on top of the salmon.
- When the salmon is cool enough to handle peel off the skin.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkle of green onions and red pepper flakes for serving.