30 Minute Asian Turkey Meatballs. Baked and tossed in an Asian inspired sauce. Serve as an appetizer or add rice to make it a meal!
Thank you National Turkey Federation for sponsoring this post! All opinions and text are my own.
I baked these meatballs instead of pan frying. It makes it a lot easier to cook the meatballs and they can be cooked in one batch. The meatballs still get browned on both sides (just make sure to flip them halfway).
You don’t always think of Asian food and turkey together but these two are a perfect match. The asian sauce and baking method gives the lean turkey lots of flavor and moisture. Turkey is naturally low in fat and provides immune-boosting nutrients like iron, zinc and potassium. It’s also packed with lean protein to keep you feeling full longer.
The National Turkey Federation supports its farmers to raise well-treated turkeys in comfortable settings that are environmentally safe and that by doing so raise the tastiest turkey. By providing all the information retail and restaurant professionals need to raise awareness educate and inspire people to try an unexpected, healthy and flavorful lean protein – turkey.
These Asian Turkey Meatballs only take 30 minutes to make. Simply combine all of the meatball ingredients together and mix until combined, making sure not to over mix. Shape into 12 equal size meatballs and bake in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes or until cooked through. These meatballs also can be frozen and tossed with the sauce before serving.
I like to add a little Sriracha sauce to my meatballs for an extra kick. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions too!
For additional recipes, tips, videos and resources on turkey, visit Serve Turkey to learn more!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 whole green onion, both green and white parts
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- ⅛ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- green onions for serving, if desired
- sesame seeds for serving, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add turkey, breadcrumbs, garlic, green onions, egg, sesame oil and soy sauce. Mix with your hands until combined.
- Grease a baking sheet with oil.
- Portion out 12 meatballs. (Working with slightly wet hands helps)
- Place meatballs on the oiled baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes or until fully cooked, flipping halfway through.
- Take out of the oven and toss with the Asian sauce.
- Serve immediately and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
- Note: If you are freezing the meatballs do not toss with sauce until ready to serve.
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium bowl and stir to combine. Set aside until meatballs are done cooking.