Get your napkin ready for this one because it’s going to get messy!
I am absolutely OBSESSED with buffalo sauce. I find myself eating it just by itself.
I decided to take my buffalo obsession and put it in a wrap. I lightened the dish up a bit by baking the chicken tenders versus deep frying them. The chicken is just as crispy thanks to my panko breadcrumbs. I used panko versus regular breadcrumbs because panko produces a lighter and flakier crust.
If you don’t have time for the wrap (or your reducing your carbs) hold the tortilla and add the baked chicken tenders to a salad, or eat as an appetizer. Today we are wrapping it up and taking it to go.
Lets get started..
Begin by lining up a bowl and two plates with flour, egg, and panko. You will dip the chicken tenders in this order.
Step One: Coat chicken in flour. Pound chicken with the palm of you hand while you are doing this. It will help the chicken cook evenly.
Step Two: Place the floured chicken tenders in the egg mixture. Make sure to get the excess egg off before moving on to the third step. I usually just drag the chicken over the side of the bowl to get the excess off.
Step Three: Coat the chicken tenders in the panko breadcrumbs making sure to cover completely.
Transfer chicken tenders to a baking dish and place in a 400 degree oven and cook for about 15 minutes or until golden brown and not pink on the inside.
Chicken tenders come out crispy and flaky!
Toss chicken tenders in buffalo sauce until fully coated.
Heat tortilla in a skillet to make the wrap easier to fold. Usually takes about a minute on each side.
Serve with extra ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing on the side.
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 egg, whisked
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 chicken breast, sliced into chicken tenders
- 2 pieces of romaine lettuce, left whole
- 2 large flour tortillas
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- 2 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons ranch –or– blue cheese dressing
- Preheat oven to 400°. Meanwhile, begin by lining up flour, egg, and panko. Starting with the flour, dredge the chicken tenders. Make sure to get the excess flour off. Next, dip the chicken in the egg and drain excess as well. Finally roll chicken tenders in the panko breadcrumbs until fully coated.
- Place chicken tenders on a baking sheet and cook until golden brown about 15 minutes. Make sure to flip chicken tenders half way through.
- In a medium bowl add buffalo sauce and chicken tenders, toss with a pair of tongs until fully coated.
- Place tortillas in a medium skillet to warm. I usually do a minute on each side. This will make the tortilla easier to work with and roll. Place tortilla on a flat work surface and topped with 1 piece of lettuce, ½ of the chicken, 1 tbsp cheese, and 1 tbsp ranch dressing –or– blue cheese dressing. Roll up the tortilla carefully, cut in half and enjoy!