Super Crispy Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken Nuggets. Breaded in panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese and baked until golden brown and crispy. Wonderful as an appetizer or for dinner!
These chicken nuggets are amazing. Perfectly golden brown, tender on the inside and extra crunchy on the outside. Just how I like my chicken nuggets.
They are baked not fried and are still super crispy on the outside. They are breaded in panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and garlic. Similar to my Crispy Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders but way more pop-able.
The trick to getting these nuggets crispy is the panko breadcrumb. Panko breadcrumbs are a Japanese style breadcrumb which are lighter and flakier than typical breadcrumbs.
Baking these nuggets also makes them a lot healthier. I use a high heat (I set the oven to 400 degrees) to get them nice and crispy.
These chicken nuggets take about 30 minutes start to finish to throw together. I begin by cubing the chicken and then breading them in flour, egg and our panko cheese mixture.
I use this baking method / breading for most of my chicken recipes. It’s a great way to get tender chicken with a crispy coating. I used this method for my Easy Honey Garlic Sesame Chicken and my Super Sticky Asian Chicken Bites.
The best way to bread these chicken nuggets is to keep one hand for wet ingredients and one hand for dry. This helps from getting the dreaded breading hands.
Serve these Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken Nuggets with my Three Cheese Mac and Cheese.
I like to garnish with parsley and or course extra cheese. Dunk and dip in your favorite sauces or try my Bourbon Barbecue Sauce.
Kids and adults alike with love these chicken nuggets. Skip store bought frozen chicken nuggets and give these a try!
Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken Nuggets
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed (about 1 pound)
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- extra Parmesan cheese for garnish, if desired
- chopped parsley, for garnish, if desired
- dipping sauce for serving. These would go great with my Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add flour to a shallow dish.
- Add egg to a shallow bowl and whisk, set aside.
- Add breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese to a shallow bowl and mix to combine.
- Starting with the flour and ending with breadcrumbs, dip the chicken into the flour, egg and Parmesan breadcrumbs.
- Line the chicken tenders on a baking sheet covered with a silicon baking mat.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until fully cooked. Flip halfway through cooking.
- Take out of the oven and top with extra Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley for garnish.
- Serve with a side of your favorite dipping sauce.