Super colorful and light Berry Spinach Salad drizzled with a Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette. Loaded with berries, pecans and goat cheese. Takes less than 15 minutes to throw together!
One of my favorite things about this season is the fresh produce. I seriously can’t get enough of all the fresh summer fruit. I put the fruit to good use with this Berry Spinach Salad. It has berries in the salad AND the dressing. This is the perfect salad for summer!
I topped the salad with fresh berries, goat cheese and pecans. It makes the perfect lunch or light dinner. It’s super easy to toss together or make ahead for a quick work lunch.
The best part of this salad is that it is totally customizable. Use any fresh fruit or nuts you have on hand. Pinenuts or pistachios would go great in this salad.
This Berry Spinach Salad is loaded with tons of health benefits. Here’s the breakdown:
- Spinach: Rich in antioxidants and a good source of vitamins. This salad has double the amount of spinach you need in a day!
- Berries: Berries are loaded with antioxidants, great for memory and brain health and are high in vitamin C.
- Pecans: Great for your skin and hair and are also loaded with vitamins and minerals.
Add some grilled chicken or fish for an added protein boost.
Even the dressing is good for you! Loaded with more fresh berries, cherry juice, a bit of canola oil and balsamic vinegar. Only 4 ingredients. That’s it! I could seriously drink this dressing.
All of the ingredients get added to a blender and pureed. If the seeds from the berries bother you just strain out the seeds with a sieve.
The Berry Balsamic Vinagrette makes this salad. It’s sweet, tart and thick. The combination of the sweet berries and the tart balsamic vinegar make the perfect combination for this salad dressing. I like to store the extra in the fridge to use throughout the week. You can substitute frozen berries if you don’t have any fresh on hand.
Why I love this salad:
- It’s easy.
- Light and fresh.
- Loaded with flavor.
- Only requires a few ingredients.
….and is drizzled with this Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette.
Love this salad recipes? Here are some more salad recipes to try!
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Creamy Poppyseed Dressing
- Summer Fruit Salad with Mint and Lime Juice
- Mexican Salmon Salad
- Greek Kale Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 whole strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon blueberries
- 1 tablespoon blackberries
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup fresh berries (I used strawberries, blackberries and blueberries)
- 1 tablespoon cherry juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Fill a large bowl with spinach. Top with berries, pecans and goat cheese.
- Drizzle with prepared vinaigrette and serve immediately.
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender. Pulse until combined and the dressing is thick and smooth. If the seeds bother you strain through a sieve before serving. Store leftover dressing in the refrigerator.