5 Ingredient Brown Sugar Chipotle Salmon. Baked salmon seasoned with a sweet and spicy dry rub.
It’s no secret I love salmon. It is hands down my favorite meal! This recipe is the perfect combination of sweet, spicy and smokey. It’s also super easy, only takes 20 minutes and requires only 5 ingredients which you probably already have in your pantry.
I use a combination of cumin, brown sugar, salt and chipotle powder to make an easy spice rub for the salmon.
To make this 20 minute Brown Sugar Chipotle Salmon first pat down the salmon before rubbing it with the seasoning. I like to leave the skin on the salmon during cooking. This helps the salmon stay together and keeps it extra moist.
In a small bowl mix together cumin, salt and chipotle powder. Rub each salmon filet with the seasoning then bake in a 400 degree oven for 12-15 minutes & enjoy!
Brown Sugar Chipotle Salmon
- 4 salmon filets, skin on
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1¼ teaspoon chipotle powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, cumin, salt and chipotle powder.
- Pat down salmon filets with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle the spice rub on the salmon.
- Place the salmon filets on the prepared baking dish and bake for 12-15 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Once the salmon cools down a bit peel of skin and serve immediately!