Super Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup with Couscous. An easy weeknight dinner the whole family will love!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Sargento came up with a fun challenge for food bloggers and home cooks. The challenge is to come up with a creative and exciting dish featuring 4 main ingredients: chicken tenders, salsa, couscous and Sargento Off the Block 4 Cheese Mexican.
At first I was thinking enchiladas and then my mind went to a casserole. I finally decided on soup. One of my favorite meals. This soup is similar to my Easy 20 Minute Chicken Tortilla Soup but loaded with tons of cheese, salsa and couscous.
This Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup is loaded with all of my favorite Mexican flavors. Enchilada sauce, salsa, cilantro and lime juice. Slightly spicy and full of flavor. Warm, rich, creamy and very cheesy.
Best of all this soup comes together in less than 30 minutes!
I like to double this recipe and freeze any extra to have on hand for busy weeknight meals.
This soup can be served as is or loaded with tons of your favorite toppings.
I like to cook the couscous while my soup is simmering. When serving the soup I spoon a couple spoonfuls of couscous into each bowl and ladle the soup on top.
To make this soup extra rich and cheesy I used Sargento Off the Block 4 Cheese Mexican.
Available in 30 versatile varieties, unique blends and distinct cuts, Sargento Shredded Cheese is always cut from blocks of 100% real, natural cheese. The Chopped at Home Challenge gives viewers a chance to create their best recipe using the selected basket ingredients, including Sargento Shredded Cheese, for a chance to win $10,000!
What recipe would you submit to the Chopped At Home contest featuring Sargento cheese?
Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup with Couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce (medium)
- ½ cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup salsa (medium)
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded boneless chicken tenders, cooked
- 1 cup cooked couscous
- ¾ cup Sargentro Off the Block 4 Cheese Mexican
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- avocado for garnish, if desired
- tortilla strips for garnish, if desired
- cilantro for garnish, if desired
- Add oil to a large saucepan.
- Add in onion and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in chicken broth, enchilada sauce, crushed tomatoes, salsa, black beans, corn, cumin, paprika and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in precooked shredded chicken and warm through.
- Take off of the heat and add in cheese, lime juice and cilantro.
- To serve spoon couscous into the bottom of each bowl. Ladle soup on top and serve immediately.
- Garnish with avocado, cilantro, cheese and tomatoes if desired.
NotesOriginal recipe from chefsavvy.com. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. Thank you!
Available in 30 versatile varieties, unique blends and distinct cuts, Sargento Shredded Cheese is always cut from blocks of 100% real, natural cheese. For more inspiration, check out the Sargento Pinterest page Pinterest.com/sargentocheese/ or visit Sargento.com for more information. The Chopped at Home Challenge gives viewers a chance to create their best recipe using the selected basket ingredients, including Sargento Shredded Cheese, for a chance to win $10,000!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento. The opinions and text are all mine.