Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Bites. Perfect bite-sized cheesecake covered in a sweet chocolate shell coating. They are extremely addicting!
I took creamy, tangy cheesecake and cut it into bite sized pieces and dipped them into melted semi sweet chocolate. You can’t go wrong with chocolate and cheesecake.
For dipping the chocolate I used semi sweet chocolate chips and coconut oil. It creates a nice shell around the cheesecake.
I made the filling with cream cheese and sour cream for a bit of tang. If you don’t have sour cream feel free to substitute greek yogurt.
These bites do take a bit of prep time. The cheesecake can be made a day ahead and frozen. You can always make it the day of and place it in the freezer until firm (about 3 hours)
Once frozen the cheesecake can be cut into 36 bite-sized pieces. Dip into melted chocolate and place them in the refrigerator to set.
Make these Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Bites for your next get together or just because!
Love these Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Bites? Here are more dessert recipes to try!
- 1¼ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 inch square pan with aluminum foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine graham cracker and butter in a small bowl. Texture should be similar to wet sand.
- Spread graham cracker mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and cool completely. Leave oven on!
- Meanwhile assemble the cheesecake filling. Beat cream cheese in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
- Add in sour cream, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined. Make sure to scrap the sides of the bowl.
- Pour cheesecake mixture on top of the graham cracker crust.
- Place in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the cheesecake is set. It will still jiggle a bit.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool completely.
- Freeze overnight or for at least 3 hours to harden.
- Lift frozen cheesecake out of the pan and peel away foil.
- With a sharp knife cut cheesecake into 36 squares. If squares become too soft, freeze until chilled again.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl until melted and smooth.
- Dip cheesecake squares, one at a time into the melted chocolate. Let the excess drip off.
- Place the squares onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat steps with the rest of the cheesecake bites.
- Place the cheesecake bites in the refrigerator to set. Once firm serve!