Super Rich and Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup. An easy weeknight meal that takes less than 30 minutes to make.
I am a big tomato soup fan. I’m an even bigger Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup fan. The combination of the sweet and smoky peppers and the slightly spicy fire roasted tomatoes is out of this world AMAZING. Sorry tomato soup you’ve just been upgraded.
This recipe serves two but can easily be doubled. I like to top off each bowl of soup with crumbled feta, croutons and fresh parsley. The feta cheese adds a nice tang to the soup.
Rich, comforting and full of flavor. This soup has a super silky, rich texture.
The red peppers and fire roasted tomatoes add so much flavor to this soup. The fire roasted tomatoes give the soup a hint of smokiness.
During the summer I plan to make this with fresh tomatoes and peppers that I roast myself. This would be a great way to use up extra tomatoes in the summer.
This Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup only takes 30 minutes to prepare. Most of the ingredients you’ll already have in your pantry.
I like serving this soup with grilled cheese or a side salad to make it a full meal. Although I have been known to just have soup for dinner.
To make this soup start by sauteing your onion and garlic in olive oil. Add in the fire roasted tomatoes, red pepper and broth. Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Allow to cool slightly and puree in a blender. Add your heavy cream, spices and serve. Topping with feta cheese and croutons is a must!
Love this Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup? Here are a few of my other favorite soups:
Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, roughly sliced
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) fire roasted tomatoes
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- pinch of salt
- crumbled feta cheese, if desired
- croutons, if desired
- extra parsley for garnish, if desired
- Add olive oil and onions to a large pot. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in red peppers, roasted tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes. Take off of the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Place in a blender and pulse until smooth and creamy. About 30 seconds.
- Add the soup back to the pot along with heavy cream, red pepper flakes, oregano, parsley, pepper and salt. Warm up the soup on low if needed and serve immediately.
- Top with feta cheese, croutons and parsley if desired.