Super Crispy Baked French Fries. Soft and fluffy on the inside, extra crispy on the outside. These are fries you can feel good about eating!
French fries are one of my favorite comfort foods. I like them super crispy and soft on the inside. I already tackled making crispy sweet potato fries at home. The technique is similar and the result is the same. Super crispy french fries!
It’s a lot easier (and healthier) to make french fries at home. They are baked in the oven on high heat in an single layer to ensure crispiness.
The fries are seasoned before they go in the oven with a mix of dried oregano, paprika, garlic and onion powder. Everything gets tossed along with some olive oil.
There is no soaking or special tricks here. Just high heat and thin slices of potatoes.
It is very important that you liberally spray the foil with cooking spray. Otherwise the fries will stick to the foil.
These fries only take about 25-30 minutes in the oven. You will be eating these fries in less than 40 minutes start to finish.
These crispy baked fries are very easy to make. Simply cut potatoes into matchsticks, toss with olive oil and sprinkle on the seasonings. Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until crispy and tender. Make sure to rotate the fries once.
Serve these fries with sandwiches, burgers or just by themselves.
Crispy Baked French Fries
- 4 medium russet potatoes, cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl toss together all of the ingredients.
- Add the fries to the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes until crispy and golden brown.
- Serve immediately with a side of ketchup (or your favorite condiment) and enjoy!