The BEST Double Chocolate Banana Bread. Super moist, soft and chocolatey! Loaded with tons of chocolate chunks!
This Double Chocolate Banana Bread is AMAZING! Not too sweet, loaded with chocolate, soft on the inside and super moist.
Sour cream, ripe bananas and butter make this Double Chocolate Banana Bread super moist and soft.
I also loaded the banana bread with tons of gooey chocolate chunks.
To make this Double Chocolate Banana Bread simply cream the sugar and butter and add in eggs. Add in the dry ingredients then stir in sour cream and bananas. Fold in chocolate chips and pour into a loaf pan.
Bake for 1 hour or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
Serve as breakfast or dessert and enjoy!
Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- 2 or 3 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup light or dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9 x 5 loaf pan and set aside.
- Add butter and both sugars to a stand mixer with a paddle attachment.
- Cream until fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add in eggs and vanilla.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- On low speed add in the sour cream and mashed bananas.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 20 minutes.
- Take the loaf out of the pan and allow it to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice bread and serve!