Super Easy Blackberry Crisp. Warm and gooey with a crispy oat topping. Top with vanilla ice cream for an amazing dessert. Takes less than 10 minutes to throw together!
What better way to use up summer fruit than with a fruit crisp? They are super easy to throw together, customizable and take much less effort than whipping up a pie. This fruit crisp takes only 10 minutes of prep time, 30 minutes in the oven and only 8 ingredients!
I call this the lazy girls fruit crisp.
I start by adding fruit, lemon juice and sugar to a large bowl and toss the fruit until coated. The lemon juice adds a nice tartness and the sugar sweetens up the crisp.
If you don’t have blackberries substitute your favorite fruit or do a mixture of fruits.
The crumb mixture takes just a couple of minutes to prepare and can be done while the oven is preheating. I used the same crisp topping as my Individual Mixed Berry Crisp. The crumb topping is made with old fashioned oats, hazelnut meal, butter and a smidge of all purpose flour. If you can’t find the hazelnut meal in the grocery store subsistue all purpose flour. The hazelnut meal gives the crumb topping a nice nutty flavor.
The crisp topping gets added to a food processor and pulsed until combined. (So much easier that mixing by hand!)
This Easy Blackberry Crisp is perfect for summer.
Serve warm with a big scoop of ice cream and enjoy!
- 4 cups blackberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ½ cup hazelnut meal / flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 stick plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled
- vanilla ice cream for serving, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add berries, lemon juice and sugar to a medium bowl and toss to combine.
- Add both flours, oats, brown sugar and butter to a food processor. Process until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add the berries to an oven safe pan or a cast iron skillet. Top with crumb mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the berries are soft and bubbly.
- Serve immediately with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.