Super Easy Honey Garlic Sesame Chicken. Tender crispy breaded chicken bites tossed in a sweet and spicy honey garlic sauce.
This Easy Honey Garlic Sesame Chicken is sweet with a hint of spice and tons of garlic flavor. If you like it a little spicier (like me) add some more crushed red pepper flakes!
I love baking my chicken and coating it in panko breadcrumbs. It makes super crispy chicken bites that can be tossed in your favorite sauce.
Sweet. savory and spicy. The perfect flavor combination! This Asian-inspired meal is absolutely delicious. Serve with white rice and veggies. Garnish with chopped scallions and sesame seeds. For a healthy twist serve this on top of lettuce wraps.
This recipe takes about 30 minutes to put together start to finish.
The sauce is made of honey, sesame oil, garlic, soy sauce and crushed red pepper flakes. As for the chicken I used boneless skinless chicken breast and cubed them into bite size pieces.
This chicken is so easy to make! Start with a simple breading, flour, egg and panko breadcrumbs. Place the chicken on a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. While the chicken bakes work on the sauce. Saute garlic in oil and add the rest of the sauce ingredients and bring to a simmer. Toss with the cooked chicken and serve immediately.
- 8 ounces chicken breast, cut into bite sized cubes
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 whole egg, whisked
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon sesame seeds
- scallions for garnish, if desired
- sesame seeds for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Start by breading your chicken. Begin with flour, egg and then panko breadcrumbs.
- Line chicken onto a baking sheet with a silicon baking mat.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes until fully cooked and golden brown.
- Take chicken out of the oven and toss with Honey Garlic Sesame Sauce.
- Top with scallions and sesame seeds for garnish if desired. Serve immediately as an appetizer or with rice to make it a meal.
- Add oil to a medium saucepan.
- Add in garlic and cook for one minute.
- Stir in honey, sesame oil, canola oil, soy sauce, red pepper flakes and sesame seeds.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook until thickened.
- Set aside until ready to toss with chicken.