Grilled BLT Wedge Salad with Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing. Everything you love about a BLT sandwich in salad form! Takes less than 20 minutes to throw together!
BLT’s are one of my favorite sandwiches. They are so simple and classic but always taste amazing. The crisp lettuce, the crunchy bacon and the fresh tomatoes always make the perfect combination.
I took it a step further and grilled the lettuce wedges to add a nice smokiness to the salad. I topped the wedges with a homemade creamy blue cheese dressing.
So simple yet so amazing.
These wedges are easy to whip up and make a wonderful appetizer or light dinner. You can even add some grilled chicken or steak to serve alongside.
To make the wedges simply cut the head of iceberg in half and cut both halfs in half again. You should end up with four large wedges. You could also make appetizer size portions and make 8 wedges instead of 4.
I added sour cream to the Blue Cheese Dressing for some tang and mayo to thicken it up. A squeeze of lemon juice adds a bit of tartness.
You can easily lighten up the Blue Cheese Dressing by using Greek yogurt instead of the mayonnaise or sour cream. Even substitute skim milk for the regular milk, and go a little easy on the blue cheese crumbles.
Store leftover blue cheese dressing in the fridge for up to a week and use it on salads, veggies or as a dipping sauce for chicken nuggets. This dressing is so much better than store bought!
Love this Grilled BLT Wedge Salad with Blue cheese Dressing? Here are some more salad recipes to try!
- Berry Spinach Salad with Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Mexican Salmon Salad
- Summer Fruit Salad with Lime, Mint and Honey
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, cut into 4 wedges
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- extra blue cheese crumbles for garnish, if desired
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup 1% milk
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 ½ tablespoon chives, chopped
- Preheat grill.
- Drizzle wedges with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on the grill and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Take off of the grill and top with tomatoes, bacon and chives.
- Serve immediately with a drizzle of blue cheese dressing and extra blue cheese crumbles for garnish, if desired.
- In a medium bowl whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, milk, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce until combined.
- Stir in blue cheese and chives.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to a week.