Grilled Chicken Caprese. Juicy chicken breast topped with mozzarella, tomato, basil and a homemade balsamic reduction.
This Grilled Chicken Caprese is the perfect summer meal. I use fresh tomatoes and basil from my garden. The recipe is so simple yet so flavorful!
The chicken breast gets seasoned with Italian seasonings, garlic powder and onion powder. I grill the chicken then top each breast with a slice of mozzarella cheese, tomato, basil and a drizzle of the homemade balsamic reduction.
Making the balsamic reduction is super simple. Add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to a small saucepan. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce has reduced by half. Keep warm until ready to use. You can keep the balsamic glaze in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
This meal comes together in under 30 minutes from start to finish! Add this Grilled Chicken Caprese to your summer dinner rotation!
Grilled Chicken Caprese
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices mozzarella
- 4 slices tomato
- 2 tablespoons basil, sliced
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Season chicken breasts with italian seasoning, garlic and onion powder. Sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Spray the grill with non stick cooking spray and cook the chicken breasts until they are almost fully cooked.
- Top each chicken breast with a slice of mozzarella. Close the grill and allow it to cook for a few additional minutes to melt.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and top with tomato and basil. Drizzle with the homemade balsamic reduction. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to a small saucepan. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce has reduced by half. Keep warm until ready to use.