Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salad with Rice. A healthy and colorful summer side dish that takes less than 30 minutes to make!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice. All opinions and text are my own.
I was so excited to see fresh corn on the cob at my local grocery store and knew exactly what I would make with it. One of my favorite summer salads that’s light and healthy. This grilled Corn and Black Bean Salad with Rice is the perfect dish for summertime. It’s crunchy, a little sweet thanks to the corn with a bit of spice from the jalapeno. It’s light, colorful and loaded with flavor.
This Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salad with Rice is tossed with fresh lime juice and chopped cilantro. I add a sprinkle of queso fresco on top. Because everything’s better with a little cheese.
To add even more flavor to the salad I grilled the corn. It gives the sweet corn a nice smokey flavor. To grill the corn simply spray the grill with non stick cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the corn on the grill and turn every 1-2 minutes. The corn takes about 10 minutes to become perfectly charred on the outside and tender. If fresh corn is not available you can always use frozen corn instead.
This Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salad with Rice is so easy to throw together. Chop up all of the ingredients and toss together. I like to make this the night before so all of the flavors can blend together.
Serve this Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salad with some grilled chicken or fish to make it a meal.
I used Minute Brown Rice in my salad. It cooks so quickly and makes this side dish that much easier.
Minute® Rice is quick and easy to prepare and is a great pantry staple. Minute 100% Whole Grain Brown Rice takes less than 10 minutes to make and is loaded with nutrition. Visit minuterice.com for over 400 recipe ideas, great for any day of the week and any time of the day, and more information about the Minute® Rice family of products.
Here are some more side dishes to try:
Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salad with Rice
- 2 ears of corn, husked
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Minute Brown Rice
- ¾ cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons red onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon jalapeno, diced
- 2 tablespoons queso fresco, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Spray grill and corn with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle the corn with a little salt and pepper. Grill until corn is tender about 8-10 minutes. Turn corn every 1-2 minutes to make sure it does not burn.
- To make the rice bring water to a boil. Add in rice and simmer for 5 minutes, covered. Take off of the heat and let it sit for an additional 5 minutes to soak up the water, covered. Fluff rice with fork. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile add the rest of the ingredients to a large bowl. Toss to combine. Add in the cooled rice and toss. I like to refrigerate it before serving but you can always serve as is.
NotesOriginal recipe from chefsavvy.com. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. Thank you!
I am also offering a giveaway so make sure to enter to win below!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice.