Super Easy Hoisin Chicken Lettuce Wraps. Marinated grilled chicken tossed in an amazing Hoisin sauce. Perfect as an appetizer or for dinner!
With the awesome weather we have been having lately I have been firing up my new grill alot! These Hoisin Chicken Lettuce Wraps are perfect for the grill. I marinate the chicken overnight then when I am ready to eat I grill it until it’s nice and crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. This chicken has so much flavor!
The sauce is made up of hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sriracha, rice wine vinegar, garlic and ginger.
Once the chicken is grilled I let it rest for a couple of minutes to make sure it’s nice and juicy. Then I cube up the chicken breast and toss it in the remaining sauce. Serve on bib lettuce and enjoy!
Hoisin Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 pounds chicken breast
- 1 head of bib or boston lettuce
- sesame seeds for garnish, if desired
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- *Prep time does not include marinating time*
- In a small bowl mix together the sauce ingredients.
- Pour half of the sauce into a large ziplock bag. Reserve the rest of the sauce.
- Add the chicken breasts to the ziplock bag and shake to coat.
- Marinate for at least an hour or overnight.
- When you are ready to eat preheat your grill to 400 degrees and grease with non stick cooking spray. Remove chicken from the marinade and grill until fully cooked, about 4-6 minutes on each side (depending on the thickness of your chicken)
- Remove the chicken from the grill and let it cool for a couple of minutes before slicing into it.
- Meanwhile heat the remaining sauce in a medium saucepan to warm up.
- Cube up the grilled chicken and toss in the remaining sauce.
- Serve immediately over bib lettuce with sesame seeds, if desired.