5 Ingredient Honey Lemon Garlic Chicken. Served with an amazing sweet and sticky honey lemon glaze.
My Honey Garlic Salmon is one of my top recipes on the blog so I decided to adapt the recipe for chicken! One of the reasons I think everyone loves this recipe is for the super easy and amazing sauce that it is served with.
The sauce is loaded with tons of garlic, honey, fresh squeezed lemon juice and a splash of soy sauce.
This recipe has only 5 ingredients and could not be simpler to make. Mix up the sauce ingredients and brush onto the chicken. I like to reserve extra to brush on top before serving. You can also marinade the chicken in the sauce for extra flavor!
This recipe also makes a lot (8 chicken thighs) which means lots of leftovers for lunch. You can also pull the meat off and freeze!
Honey Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 8 chicken thighs, bone in and skin
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine garlic, honey, lemon juice, lemon zest and soy sauce.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat and sear the chicken skin side down first until golden brown, (2-3 minutes on each side)
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray. Add the chicken thighs and brush with ¾ of the sauce.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 175 degrees.
- Brush the chicken with the remaining sauce and serve immediately.