Loaded Mexican Sweet Potato Skins topped with Monterey jack cheese, black beans, corn and tomatoes. The perfect side dish to complement any meal!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sharp. The opinions and text are all mine.
No one likes to turn on the oven in the summer, myself included. That’s why when Sharp approached me to test out their new Convection Microwave I jumped at the chance.
It’s a combination of a convection oven and microwave oven in one. How cool is that? This means long roasts and sweet potatoes can stay on my menu all summer long.
The Sharp R-830 Convection Microwave Oven cooks food super fast but still allows food to get crispy and browned on the outside. It’s the best of both worlds. I used the convection option on the microwave to roast my sweet potatoes to perfection.
I stuffed the inside of the sweet potatoes with chiles in adobo sauce, sour cream, black beans and corn. It all gets topped off with some melted Monterey jack cheese, sour cream, tomatoes and cilantro.
These sweet potatoes have the perfect amount of spiciness (from the chiles in adobo) and sweetness (thanks to the potato).
- 2 whole sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup milk (I used 1%)
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chiles in adobo sauce, sauce only
- ½ cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup corn (I used frozen and thawed it)
- ¼ cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup tomatoes, diced
- chopped cilantro for garnish, if desired
- sour cream for serving, if desired
- Preheat the Sharp Convection Microwave to 400 degrees. (You can use this same method for a regular oven as well).
- With a fork puncture a couple of holes on top of the sweet potato to let the steam release.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet or cooking stone and place in the oven.
- Cook for 40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Take them out of the Convection Microwave and leave it on.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cool enough to touch carefully cut them in half.
- Scoop out the center of each sweet potato leaving enough room along the edges so the potato doesn't fall apart.
- Add the scooped sweet potato into a medium bowl along with the milk, sour cream and adobo sauce. Mash until the mixture is creamy and clump free.
- Stir in the black beans and corn.
- Scoop the filling back into the sweet potato shells.
- Top with cheese and place back into the Convection Microwave. Cook until the cheese has melted about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately with diced tomatoes, chopped cilantro and sour cream, if desired.