20 Minute Orange Teriyaki Salmon. Salmon filets pan fried and topped with an orange teriyaki glaze. A quick and easy weeknight meal!
I love super easy dinners that come together in minutes. This Orange Teriyaki Salmon is one of them!
20 minutes, one pan and a sauce that requires only pantry staples.
It’s so easy to make your own teriyaki sauce at home. The orange teriyaki sauce is the perfect combination of sweet and tangy with a hint of orange. You can control the amount of sweetness and the salt level. I recommend using low-sodium soy sauce if you can. I also recommend using fresh squeezed orange juice instead of bottled. It’s so much better and really brightens up the sauce!
The sauce is made up of soy sauce, water, fresh squeeze orange juice and rice wine vinegar. The sauce gets simmered in a saucepan with cornstarch and water to thicken it up.
To make this Orange Teriyaki Salmon simply pan fry the salmon in a skillet for 3-4 minutes on each side. While the salmon is cooking I make the sauce. When you are ready to serve drizzle or brush the orange teriyaki sauce on the salmon and serve.
Orange Teriyaki Salmon
- 2 salmon filets, skin on
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce (It is important to use low sodium. I find regular makes the sauce too salty)
- ⅛ cup water
- 2-3 tablespoons light brown sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- green onions for garnish, if desired
- sesame seeds for garnish, if desired
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add salmon filets and cook 3-4 minutes on each side until desired doneness. (Don't forget to remove skin before serving)
- Meanwhile add soy sauce, water, brown sugar, vinegar and orange juice to a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Add cornstarch and water to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Slowly whisk in the cornstarch mixture to the sauce and simmer until thickened, 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately with the orange teriyaki sauce drizzled on top as well as green onions and sesame seeds for garnish, if desired.