Soft and Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars. The perfect on the go breakfast or snack for Fall!
I am so happy it is pumpkin season again! These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars are a great way to celebrate!
These bars are a cross between baked oatmeal and granola bars. They are nice and crisp on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. They are the perfect grab and go breakfast or snack! They even taste good enough to have for dessert!
The bars are perfectly spiced with a tons of pumpkin flavor. The pumpkin adds a lot of moisture to the bars without having to add butter or oil to this recipe making it a healthy breakfast option!
This recipe is super simple. All you need is two bowls, some pantry staples and 10 minutes of prep time.
To make these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars simply mix all of the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients separately. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix to combine. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
I like to serve my bars heated up in the microwave with a splash of milk on top. It is AMAZING! Enjoy!
- 3¼ cups old fashioned oats
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 9 baking pan with cooking spray or butter and set aside.
- Add oats, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon and salt to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, pumpkin, applesauce, honey, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir well until the oats are completely coated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Press the oat mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow them to cool completely then cut into bars.
Adapted from Two Peas & Their Pod