Shrimp Quinoa Vegetable Spring Rolls. Colorful and full of flavor. Served with a Creamy Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce.
I absolutely love spring rolls. Especially during this time of year. They are so light, crisp and healthy. I stuff my spring roll wrappers with all of the veggies and herbs I can find.
This recipe makes about 6 rolls depending on how much you stuff in them. It’s the perfect amount for two people.
These 30 minute spring rolls are loaded with shrimp. quinoa, fresh cilantro and colorful veggies.
Spring Rolls are perfect for a light lunch or dinner. They would also be perfect to bring to a party or picnic because they are so portable. They make a wonderful lunch on the go.
No cook, gluten free and naturally vegan. You can find these rice paper wrappers at specialty Asian stores or online here.
Typically rice noodles are added to spring rolls. I decided to substitute them with protein packed Quinoa.
While your quinoa and shrimp are cooking chop up all of your vegetables. Feel free to sub in any veggies you have on hand. I used a mixture of fresh cumber, carrots and red bell peppers. You can even use fresh mint in the spring rolls instead of cilantro if you have it on hand.
Now for our dipping sauce. The peanut butter dipping sauce is slightly adapted from my Spicy Peanut Dressing. Creamy peanut butter, soy sauce, water and garlic are mixed together. The crispy veggies and the creamy sauce make the perfect dipping combination.
Rice paper wrappers are easy to work with. All you need to do is place the wrapper in a bowl of warm water for 5-10 seconds until it softens up a bit. Place it on your work surface and add the filling in the top center. Fold the edge closest to you over the toppings and tuck the sides in and over the portion you just rolled. Roll forward making sure to keep the spring roll tight.
Looking for more healthy options? Here are some more of my favorites below:
- 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- 4 Ingredient Maple Pecan Granola
- 6 spring roll wrappers
- 12 large shrimp, cooked
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ½ carrot, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 cucumber, sliced thin
- ½ cup cilantro
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- Place 1 spring roll wrapper at a time in a bowl of warm water for 5-10 seconds until it softens up a bit. Place it on your work surface and add a handful of each veggie, quinoa and 2 shrimp each in the top center of the wrapper leaving enough space at the top to roll. (Do not over stuff) Fold the edge closest to you over the toppings and tuck the sides in and over the portion you just rolled. Roll away from you making sure to keep the spring roll tight. Repeat until you have used up all of the filling. Should make about 6 rolls.
- Serve immediately with the Peanut dipping sauce. Cover with a damp cloth so they do not stick together if you won't be serving them right away.
- Whisk all of the ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside until you are ready to use.