Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup cooked low and slow for 8 hours! Loaded with tons of flavor. Tastes just like an enchilada but in soup form!
Thank you Acme for sponsoring this post! The opinions and text are all mine.
This Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup has been in my dinner rotation for a while now. This is one of my favorite soups to serve in the winter and freezes very well! This Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada soup is loaded with tons of Mexican flavor and a hint of spice. It’s the perfect meal to warm up to on a cold day!
For extra flavor I added some chilis in adobo, ground cumin, chili powder and graham masala.
I like to cook this soup low and slow for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Cooking the chicken in the soup keeps it super tender and loaded with flavor. Simply shred the chicken before serving!
This Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup is loaded with all of my favorite Mexican flavors. Cilantro, lime juice, enchilada sauce and black beans. Slightly spicy and full of flavor.
The base of this soup is a blend of enchilada sauce, crushed tomatoes and chicken broth. Black beans, corn, onions and garlic are also added.
There is very little prep needed for this recipe. Simply add the ingredients to the slow cooker and let it do it’s magic!
This is also a perfect freezer friendly meal. I like to make tons of this soup in the winter and freeze extra for easy lunches and dinner. You can also refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 5 days. Or freeze it for up to 3 months.
Did you know February is National Canned Food Month? I partnered with Acme in Wilmington to create a super easy meal incorporating canned vegetables and stock.
Using canned fruits and vegetables is a great way to add vitamins and minerals to your meals. They also save tons of prep time and helps get a healthy meal on the table in no time!
In this Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup I used Acme’s canned chicken broth, diced tomatoes and corn.
Serve this soup warm topped with tortilla chips, cilantro avocado, sour cream and shredded cheese if desired!
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (equal to 1 pound)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ cups enchilada sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken stock
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ tablespoon chili in adobo, sauce only (can add more if you like extra heat)
- ¼ teaspoon graham masala
- optional garnishes: tortilla chips, cilantro avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese
- Add all of the ingredients to a slow cooker.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Take the chicken out of the slow cooker and shred with two forks.
- Add back to the soup and stir.
- Serve hot with optional garnishes if desired.
NotesOriginal recipe from chefsavvy.com. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. Thank you!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons (or name of your local Albertsons owned store) . The opinions and text are all mine.