Slow Cooker Sriracha Meatballs. Pork meatballs tossed in a sweet and spicy sauce. The perfect appetizer for game day!
I’ve got the perfect appetizer to serve for your Super Bowl party! These Sriracha Meatballs are bite sized, tender, full of flavor and loaded with tons of sauce. I browned the meatballs in the oven then cooked them in the slow cooker for 2-3 hours on high.
There is a ton of flavor in the meatballs. I put fresh ginger, garlic, and green onions in the meatballs as well as a splash of soy sauce. Panko breadcrumbs and egg keep the filling together. Instead of adding more breadcrumbs I let the meatballs sit in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
This recipe makes about 30 small meatballs (perfect for appetizers) or 14 bigger meatballs (perfect for a meal).
I browned the meatballs in the oven first for added flavor. Browning in the oven is so much easier than cooking in batches on the stove top.
I loaded the meatballs up with tons of sauce! The sauce is the perfect blend of sweet and spicy. The sauce is made up of ketchup, low sodium soy sauce, brown sugar, sriracha and garlic.
Serve these meatballs with sesame seeds and green onions.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped (green and white parts)
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a baking sheet with a little oil, set aside.
- In a large bowl add pork, egg, breadcrumbs, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and green onions. Refrigerate mixture for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Portion out to meatballs (1/2 inch for small appetizer meatballs or larger for a meal)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, flipping halfway through. (They will not be cooked all the way through.
- Meanwhile add all of the sauce ingredients to a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add the browned meatballs and the sauce to the slow cooker, toss to coat.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-6.
- Garnish with chopped green onion and sesame seeds and serve.