Sweet and Spicy Asian Chicken Tenders. Breaded chicken breasts baked until golden brown then tossed in a sticky Asian sauce!
You can’t go wrong with a sweet and spicy sauce and crispy chicken tenders. This sauce is amazingly sweet, spicy and tangy. Made with soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, sriracha, hoisin sauce and sesame oil.
You can make these chicken tenders as spicy or sweet as you’d like. If you like a little more heat (like me) add some more crushed red pepper flakes and sriracha.
These Sweet and Spicy Asian Chicken Tenders are super easy to make. They take less than 30 minutes to make from start to finish. The chicken tenders are breaded in flour, egg and breadcrumbs. Once breaded I place the chicken on a baking sheet with a silicon baking mat and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
While the chicken is baking I whip up the sauce. Soy sauce + sweet chili sauce + sriracha + sesame oil + hoisin sauce mixed in a bowl until combined.
When the chicken tenders come out of the oven toss them in the sauce and serve with some crushed red pepper flakes and sesame seeds.
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into tenders (I cut the chicken breast into thin tenders then pound them with a mallet to be a bit thinner)
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1-1½ teaspoons sriracha (depending on how hot you like it)
- crushed red pepper flakes, if desired
- sesame seeds for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Season the breadcrumbs with salt and pepper.
- Starting with the flour and ending with breadcrumbs, dip the chicken into the flour, egg and breadcrumbs.
- Line the chicken tenders on a baking sheet covered with a silicon baking mat.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until fully cooked and golden brown.
- Toss the cooked chicken with the Sweet and Spicy Asian Sauce.
- Serve immediately with crushed red pepper flakes and sesame seeds if desired.
- Whisk all of the ingredients together in a large bowl (You want it big enough to toss the chicken in after it is cooked). Set aside until ready to toss with the chicken tenders.