The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies. Super soft and chewy and loaded with chocolate chips!
This is by far the BEST chocolate chip cookie recipe I have ever made! The cookies are super soft and chewy, buttery and loaded with tons of chocolate chips. They are firm around the edges and gooey in the center. They melt in your mouth when they are hot out of the oven!
The secret to these cookies is the cornstarch which makes them perfectly soft and chewy. I also substitute all brown sugar in place of granulated sugar. This makes for a chewier cookie and adds tons of flavor.
I also like to wait until the butter is completely softened and the egg is at room temperature before mixing everything up. This ensures a smooth batter and an awesome cookie!
These cookies are incredibly easy to make. Simply cream your butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the vanilla and egg. Fold in dry ingredients, chocolate chips and your done! Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. I like to slightly under bake my cookies for an extra soft melt in your mouth center.
Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days or can be frozen for up to 3-4 months. Enjoy!
The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1½ sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment cream butter until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes.
- Add in sugar and cream for an additional 1-2 minutes or until combined.
- Add in the egg and vanilla until combined and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- In two additions add the dry ingredients.
- Fold in chocolate chips by hand.
- Scoop tablespoon sized cookies onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 - 11 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown, they may still be a little underdone in the middle that is fine, they will continue to cook on the baking sheet.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
NotesAdapted from Sally's Baking Addiction