A simple fruity white wine sangria made with oranges, white peaches and fresh squeezed orange juice. Served with a splash of sparkling water.
I love sangria. Especially during the summer. The fresh fruit mixed with the sweet wine. It’s the perfect combination. I like to make my sangria with tons of fresh fruit and not too much sugar.
Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best. This recipe only uses a few ingredients. White wine, fresh squeezed orange juice, white peaches, and navel oranges. Instead of using brandy I used triple sec and orange flavored vodka. I wanted to keep the drink light and summery.
I like to use a medium sweet Riesling. Not too sweet and not too dry. This is why I only added a tablespoon of sugar for our simple syrup. I did not want our sangria to be too sweet.
The great thing about this White Wine Sangria is you can customize it to your taste. You can substitute your favorite fruits or sweeten it up with more simple syrup.
I like to make my sangria ahead of time to allow the wine to soak in the fruit. I would recommend making it a couple hours in advance. The best part is eating the wine soaked fruit right?
Garnish your drink with fresh mint and a splash or sparkling water at the end for some fizz.
What better way to start off your weekend then with this White Wine Sangria! Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup white peaches, sliced
- ½ cups oranges, sliced
- ½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 (750 ml) bottle of white wine (medium sweet I use Riesling)
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 1 ounce orange flavored vodka
- splash of sparkling water
- In a small saucepan bring the sugar and water to a boil. This should take about a minute. You will see the sugar dissolve into the water. When this happens take off the heat and set aside to cool.
- Add peaches and oranges to a large pitcher.
- Add in orange juice, wine, triple sec and vodka.
- Stir in the cooled triple sec and refrigerate.
- Let sit for a couple of hours to let the flavors develop. Serve with mint for garnish and a splash of sparkling water.