This Chocolate Granola Recipe with Nutella is super easy to make, coming together in just 10 minutes all in your nonstick skillet. It’s sweet, super chocolatey, and loaded with tons of big clusters. Almost more of a dessert than a snack!
The BEST Homemade Granola Is Made with Nutella
Today I discovered that granola can be made in a skillet, and it can be made in less than 10 minutes. Pretty amazing huh!?
Loaded with creamy Nutella, cocoa powder, honey, butter, brown sugar, and pecans — aka heaven! It honestly tastes more like dessert than breakfast. Serve with a splash of milk or over your favorite yogurt. I personally like to snack on the granola until it’s gone. (which by the way is not very long).
This granola is ridiculously simple to make with only 7 ingredients, less than 5 minutes of prep time, 5 minutes of cooking (in a skillet). There’s really no reason to NOT make this granola!
Key Ingredients for Nutella Granola
- Unsalted Butter: Helps to better control the amount of sodium in this granola.
- Honey: Is added for sweetness and helps bind the granola together. You could also use pure maple syrup or Caro syrup, if preferred.
- Nutella: The star ingredient! If you’re not a fan of Nutella, you could use peanut butter or almond butter (or whichever nut butter you like). Just keep in mind it won’t be as sweet or chocolatey.
- Old Fashioned Oats: Not instant or steel cut! You want to use old-fashioned, whole oats.
- Pecans: Or any nut you prefer, like sliced almonds or hazelnuts.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder: To add to the chocolatey flavor! Dutch-processed is best, but use whatever you’ve got.
- Brown Sugar: To sweeten up this granola and tie everything together.
How To Make Chocolate Granola
To make this Chocolate Granola, simply melt honey, butter, and Nutella in a skillet until smooth. Add in oats, pecans, sugar and cocoa powder, and mix until everything is coated. Cook for about 5 minutes, and transfer to a baking sheet to cool.
The granola hardens as it cools. (It tends to be sort of soft when it first comes out of the pan, so give it time to rest before diving in. Or serve it warm over vanilla ice cream. YUM!)
Skip the store bought stuff and give this homemade granola a try!
- Mix in your favorite dried fruit! Cherries, strawberries, or raspberries would be divine.
- Add more nuts and seeds! Pistachios, walnuts, hazelnuts, or sliced almonds would work well here, as would flax seeds, chia seeds, or pepitas.
- Incorporate even more chocolate! Mix in some dark chocolate, milk chocolate, semisweet, or white chocolate chips after it has cooled. Even M&Ms would work. (Especially the hazelnut variety!)
Storage and Freezing Instructions
This Chocolate Granola recipe will make a little over 2 cups. The granola can be stored for about a week in an airtight container in your pantry. You can even freeze it for up to 6 months and take it out as needed.
More Recipes To Try
Love this Chocolate Granola Recipe and looking for more breakfast treats? Here are a few you’ll love!
- Pumpkin Banana Smoothie
- Blueberry Streusel Muffins
- Cinnamon Sugar French Toast Sticks
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- Coconut Pecan Chocolate Chip Granola
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to leave a review! This helps other readers and my website! I love to hear your feedback!
10 Minute Nutella Skillet Granola
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons nutella
- 1 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- Melt butter, honey and nutella in a large skillet.
- Add in oats, pecans, cocoa powder and brown sugar. Stir to coat the oats.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the granola to a baking sheet and let cool. (The granola will harden as it cools). Takes about 15-30 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.