Baked Buffalo Chicken Wraps
This Baked Buffalo Chicken Wrap recipe features crispy, panko-coated chicken tenders that are tossed in a spicy buffalo sauce, wrapped in a tortilla, and served with ranch or blue cheese dressing. An easy lunch or dinner recipe any night of the week!
If you like wraps, then you need to try my Rainbow Vegetable Spring Rolls and my Copycat P.F. Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps!
Skip the Wings and Make These Boneless Buffalo Chicken Wraps!
Get your napkin ready for this one because it’s going to get messy!
To say I’m obsessed with buffalo sauce would be an understatement. I find myself eating it just by itself or as my go-to dipping sauce for fried chicken and French fries.
For this baked buffalo chicken wrap recipe, I decided to bundle my buffalo sauce obsession, and put it in a wrap. I lightened the dish up a bit by baking the chicken tenders versus deep frying them. The chicken is just as crispy thanks to my panko breadcrumbs. I used panko versus regular breadcrumbs because panko produces a lighter and flakier crust.
If you don’t have time for the wrap (or your reducing your carbs) hold the tortilla and add the baked chicken tenders to a salad, or eat as an appetizer. Today, we are wrapping it up and taking it to-go. Let’s get started!
You only need less than 10 ingredients — many of which I bet you have stocked in your pantry or fridge right now — to make these delicious and easy homemade buffalo chicken wraps in the comfort of your own home!
For the crispy, baked chicken, you’ll need: some all-purpose flour, one egg (whisked), Panko breadcrumbs (seasoned), and a chicken breast sliced into strips.
For the rest of the wrap, you’ll need: romaine lettuce (or your preferred leafy green), flour tortillas (whole wheat also works), buffalo sauce (homemade or store-bought), shredded cheddar cheese, and either ranch or blue cheese dressing (also homemade or store-bought) for dipping.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Wraps
- Prep the Chicken: Begin by lining up a bowl and two plates with the flour, whisked egg, and Panko breadcrumbs. You will dip the chicken tenders in that order. Coat chicken in flour. Pound chicken with the palm of you hand while you are doing this. (It will help the chicken cook evenly. You can also tenderize it before breading.) Then, dip floured chicken tenders in the egg mixture. Make sure to get the excess egg off before moving on to the third step. Lastly, coat the chicken tenders in the Panko, making sure to cover completely and press the chicken down into the breadcrumbs so that they stick well.
- Bake the Chicken: Transfer chicken tenders to a baking dish, and place in a 400-degree oven. Cook for about 15 minutes or until golden brown and not pink on the inside. Chicken tenders come out crispy and flaky!
- Make the Buffalo Chicken: Toss the crispy baked chicken tenders in the buffalo sauce until fully coated (but not soggy).
- Warm Your Tortilla: Heat tortilla in a skillet or in the microwave to make the wrap easier to fold (and to prevent tears). Usually takes about a minute on each side, or 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Assemble the Buffalo Chicken Wrap: Layer the lettuce leaves on the warmed tortillas, then place 2-4 chicken tenders on top. Sprinkle with the shredded cheddar cheese, drizzle with some of the ranch or blue cheese, and roll like a burrito.
- Serve: You can pair these homemade buffalo chicken wraps with some extra ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing on the side. Enjoy!
You can also make these as crispy Air Fryer Chicken Tenders! Simply preheat your air fryer to 425, spray the basket with nonstick cooking spray, and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy, shaking halfway through.
These homemade buffalo chicken wraps make for a great entree, and I love serving them with sides like these for lunch or dinner.
- Baked French Fries
- Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Macaroni Salad
- Cucumber Avocado Salad
- The BEST Broccoli Salad
- Warm German Potato Salad
- Homemade Pea Salad
- Grilled BLT Wedge Salad
- Broccoli Rice Casserole
- Old-Fashioned Lemonade or Limeade
Storage and Reheating Instructions
- Store assembled wraps in the fridge for up to 2 days, but be warned the chicken will lose its crispiness.
- I prefer to store the wrap ingredients separately in the fridge or pantry, and then assemble when I’m ready to eat. The chicken should last up to 4 days in the fridge.
- You can reheat the baked chicken tenders in the oven on a rack or in the air fryer to re-crisp. And simply warm the tortillas whenever you’re ready to serve.
More Easy 30-Minute Recipes To Try
- The BEST Chicken Parmesan
- Easy Chicken Marsala
- Mexican Stuffed Shells
- Homemade Hamburger Helper
- Easy Chicken Stir Fry
Never miss out! Need more quick & easy recipes in your life? Subscribe to my weekly newsletter or follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest for all the daily updates.
We love to hear your feedback: If you try this recipe, I’d love to know! Leave a star rating below, and don’t forget to take pictures and tag me on Facebook and Instagram!
Baked Buffalo Chicken Wrap
Baked Buffalo Chicken Wraps. Crispy panko coated chicken tenders tossed in buffalo sauce and added to a wrap with ranch or blue cheese dressing!
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg whisked
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 chicken breast sliced into chicken tenders
- 2 pieces of romaine lettuce left whole
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 2 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons ranch –or– blue cheese dressing
- Preheat oven to 400°. Meanwhile, begin by lining up flour, egg, and panko. Starting with the flour, dredge the chicken tenders. Make sure to get the excess flour off. Next, dip the chicken in the egg and drain excess as well. Finally roll chicken tenders in the panko breadcrumbs until fully coated.
- Place chicken tenders on a baking sheet and cook until golden brown about 15 minutes. Make sure to flip chicken tenders half way through.
- In a medium bowl add buffalo sauce and chicken tenders, toss with a pair of tongs until fully coated.
- Place tortillas in a medium skillet to warm. I usually do a minute on each side. This will make the tortilla easier to work with and roll. Place tortilla on a flat work surface and topped with 1 piece of lettuce, ½ of the chicken, 1 tbsp cheese, and 1 tbsp ranch dressing –or– blue cheese dressing. Roll up the tortilla carefully, cut in half and enjoy!