Baked Parmesan Potato Wedges. The perfect snack or side dish to complement any meal. Takes less than 45 minutes to make!
Baked potato wedges are so much better than fried. They are just as crispy and take almost no time to make.
The potatoes are tossed with some seasonings before they go in the oven. I sprinkle them with salt, pepper, oregano, and cayenne pepper for a kick.
To make the potato wedges cut the potato in half, cut in half again and then cut into wedges.
The potatoes bake in a 400 degree oven to ensure they get nice and crispy. It’s important you turn them once while they are cooking to ensure both sides gets golden brown.
After they come out of the oven they are tossed with Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley.
Make sure to place the potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet. If you don’t have enough room you can always divide them between two sheet trays. Overcrowding the pan will prevent the wedges from getting crispy.
I leave the skin on the potato and give it a quick wash and thorough dry. You want to make sure the potatoes are completely dry before baking. This helps them get crispy as well.
Here are more side dish recipes to try!
- The BEST Baked Beans
- Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges
- The BEST Cornbread
- Baked Parmesan Potato Wedges
- Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salad with Rice
- Crispy Baked French Fries
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Baked Parmesan Potato Wedges
- 4-5 small russet potatoes cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- parmesan cheese grated, if desired
- parsley chopped, for serving if desired
- your favorite dressing for dipping if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss with your hands or with tongs.
- Sprinkle potatoes with oregano, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, pepper and salt. Toss to combine.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes flipping halfway. Potatoes should be crispy and golden brown on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Once the potatoes come out of the oven toss them with Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley if desired. If you ask me it's a must!
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauces.
Original recipe from chefsavvy.com. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. Thank you!