These caramel-stuffed chocolate chip cookies are super soft, chewy, and loaded with melted chocolate and caramel. It’s the best, most decadent homemade chocolate chip cookies you’ll ever have!
Why This Recipe Is So Good
What better way to start off the weekend than with some cookies. Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies to be exact!
I slightly under baked the cookies to get the soft, chewy center. Melt in your mouth on the inside and firm on the edges. Just how I like my cookies. The cookies are loaded with chocolate chips and stuffed with gooey caramel in the center. They are the perfect cookie to serve during the holidays!
You’ll need all the classic chocolate chip cookie ingredients to make these caramel-stuffed chocolate chip cookies, like a stick of butter softened to room temperature, white and brown sugar, pure vanilla extract, an egg, flour, baking soda, and chocolate chips.
But you’ll also need two additional ingredients that really make these cookies stand out from the crowd — soft caramel candies and cornstarch.
How To Make Them
To make these caramel-stuffed cookies, start by creaming butter and both sugars with a paddle attachment. Add in a whole egg and vanilla extract. Fold in dry ingredients and chocolate chips. Chill the dough for at least an hour. This ensures a thicker cookies and actually allows the flavors to develop. Trust me it’s totally worth the effort!
Portion out the cookies and place them on a silicon baking mat. This recipe makes about 12-18 cookies, depending on the size. Place a caramel candy in the middle of the dough and make sure the caramel is completely covered. before baking. The result is an ooey, gooey caramel center that compliments the crispy, soft homemade chocolate chip cookie. Perfection!
Tips for Success
- Cornstarch is added to make the cookie softer, chewy and provide extra thickness.
- I substituted part of the sugar for brown sugar. Brown sugar is also used in the cookies to make them extra soft and chewy.
- I chilled the dough for an hour for a full-flavored, thicker cookie. You could let the dough marinate as long as overnight in the fridge before baking.
Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days (if they last that long).
More Cookie Recipes To Try
- Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chewy Monster M & M Cookies
- Brown Butter Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup butter 1 stick, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 12-18 caramel candies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add butter and both sugars to a stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
- Add in vanilla and egg. Mix until combined. Make sure to scrap the sides of the bowl throughout.
- Meanwhile add flour, cornstarch and baking soda to a medium bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients to the wet in two parts.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Portion out 12-18 cookies (depending on how big you would like them) onto a silicone lined baking sheet. Place one caramel candy inside the center of each cookie dough ball. Make sure the caramel candy is completely covered. Space cookies 2 inches apart.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool for a couple of minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.