Super Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup with Couscous. An easy weeknight dinner the whole family will love!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento®. The opinions and text are all mine.
This Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup is loaded with all of my favorite Mexican flavors. Enchilada sauce, salsa, cilantro and lime juice. Slightly spicy and full of flavor. Warm, rich, creamy and very cheesy. Best of all this soup comes together in less than 30 minutes!
This soup is similar to my Easy 20 Minute Chicken Tortilla Soup but loaded with tons of cheese, salsa and couscous. I like to double this recipe and freeze any extra to have on hand for busy weeknight meals.
This soup can be served as is or loaded with tons of your favorite toppings.
I like to cook the couscous while my soup is simmering. When serving the soup I spoon a couple spoonfuls of couscous into each bowl and ladle the soup on top.
How to make Chicken Enchilada Soup
Add oil to a large saucepan. Add in onion and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add in garlic and cook for 1 minute. Pour in chicken broth, enchilada sauce, crushed tomatoes, salsa, black beans, corn, cumin, paprika and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in precooked shredded chicken and warm through. Take off of the heat and add in cheese, lime juice and cilantro.To serve spoon couscous into the bottom of each bowl. Ladle soup on top and serve immediately. Serve this soup warm topped with tortilla chips, cilantro avocado, sour cream and shredded cheese if desired!
Can you make this soup in the slow cooker?
Yes! Start by adding all of the ingredients to the slow cooker except for the cheese, lime juice and cilantro. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Cooking the chicken in the soup keeps it super tender and loaded with flavor. (You can substitute pre shredded chicken and use 2-3 raw chicken breasts or thighs) Simply shred the chicken before serving. Add in the lime juice and cilantro. When you are ready to eat cook couscous and serve with the soup! Serve this soup warm topped with tortilla chips, cilantro avocado, sour cream and the shredded cheese if desired!
Here are more soup recipes to enjoy!
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- Italian Meatball Soup
- Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup
Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup with Couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 10 ounce can enchilada sauce (medium)
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup salsa medium
- 1 15.5 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded boneless chicken tenders cooked
- 1 cup cooked couscous
- 3/4 cup Sargentro Off the Block 4 Cheese Mexican
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- avocado for garnish if desired
- tortilla strips for garnish if desired
- cilantro for garnish if desired
- Add oil to a large saucepan.
- Add in onion and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in chicken broth, enchilada sauce, crushed tomatoes, salsa, black beans, corn, cumin, paprika and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in precooked shredded chicken and warm through.
- Take off of the heat and add in cheese, lime juice and cilantro.
- To serve spoon couscous into the bottom of each bowl. Ladle soup on top and serve immediately.
- Garnish with avocado, cilantro, cheese and tomatoes if desired.