These easy Cherry Popsicles with Pomegranate and Limeade are super refreshing, tart, and sweet. Perfect for a summer day, all you need is 5 ingredients and 10 minutes to whip these up and pop them in the freezer. Take them along to BBQs and get-togethers on hot days, these kid-friendly popsicles can also be spiked to make a more grown-up version!
Nothing beats the heat like a cold treat in the summer! My 4-Ingredient Raspberry Sangria Popsicles are perfect for an outdoor cocktail hour at home, and my Peanut Butter M&M Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches are a great make-ahead summer dessert for all ages!
Cherry Limeade Popsicles
Sweet summer cherries and tart lime juice make the perfect popsicle. Cold and refreshing, these Cherry Popsicles with Limeade and Pomegranate make the perfect snack or dessert to serve at barbecues or summer get-togethers, or just to have on hand when you need to cool down on a hot day!
These cherry popsicles take just 10 minutes to prep and require only 5 ingredients. Make them in the evening and let them freeze overnight so that they’re ready to go whenever you need them during the day!
For the ingredients, I used freshly squeezed lime juice along with pomegranate juice. If you can’t find pomegranate juice, orange juice, apple juice or even cherry juice would be a great substitute. To heighten the sweetness a little, I made a quick simple syrup (sugar + water) in a pot on the stove. I love making my own simple syrup – it’s so easy, and you can add more or less sugar to suit your own taste. The fruit juices, simple syrup, and pitted fresh cherries are all blended together, and then poured into popsicle molds and placed in the freezer. It’s so easy and quick to make this refreshing summer treat!
Ingredients for Cherry Limeade Popsicles
- Fresh Cherries: Fresh cherries are the best to make cherry popsicles, but feel free to substitute frozen cherries if they’re not in season. I also recommend using a cherry pitter to get the seeds out. It makes it so much easier!
- Fruit juices: Freshly squeezed lime juice and pomegranate juice both add amazing flavor to these cherry popsicles. However, if you don’t have pomegranate juice you can substitute your favorite fruit juice. Orange juice or apple juice would work great!
- Sugar: Just a little sugar is added to make this cold treat extra sweet! I heated the sugar with water in a saucepan to make a simple syrup. This dissolves the sugar so that it isn’t grainy.
How to make Cherry Pomegranate Limeade Popsicles
- Make simple syrup. Start by combining sugar and water in a small saucepan. Cook on low until sugar dissolves. Take off of the heat and allow it to cool.
- Blend! Next, add the cherries, lime juice, pomegranate juice, and simple syrup to a blender, and then pulse until combined and the chunks of cherries are gone.
- Divide. Divide evenly into the popsicle molds.
- Freeze! Freeze overnight or until set and enjoy! These Cherry Popsicles will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months!
Are popsicles healthier than ice cream?
Generally, yes. Ice cream has a higher fat and sugar content to make it creamy and sweet, whereas popsicles are made up of water and fruit juice with less sugar and next to no fat. You can even substitute the sugar for a sweetener alternative like confectioners style Swerve or Sukrin icing or even agave to make them a little healthier and lower carb.
Can I spike these Cherry Popsicles?
Yes! You can make it boozy like my sangria popsicles and add some tequila or vodka for a grown-up treat! It is the perfect way to end a hot summer’s day!
Here are more delicious cold dessert recipes to try!
- 4-Ingredient Raspberry Sangria Popsicles
- Butter Brickle Ice Cream with Homemade Toffee
- Peanut Butter M&M Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
- Individual No Bake Vanilla Cheesecake
- No Bake Mascarpone Fruit Tarts
- The Best No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Cherry Pomegranate Limeade Popsicles
5 Ingredient Cherry Pomegranate Limeade Popsicles. Super refreshing, tangy and sweet. Perfect for a hot summer day!
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 cups fresh cherries pitted
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan. Cook on low until sugar dissolves. Take off of the heat and cool.
- Add cherries, lime juice, pomegranate juice and simple syrup (sugar and water mixture) to a blender. Pulse until combined and the chunks of cherries are gone.
- Divide evenly into the popsicle molds.
- Freeze overnight and enjoy!