This Peach Salsa recipe is made with fresh basil, serrano peppers, tomatoes, and peaches. It’s sweet, spicy, and the perfect dip for summer. Pairs great with homemade tortilla chips or spicy pita chips!
During the summer you cannot turn a corner without seeing a sign for fresh produce. I can easily be lured to stop especially if the sign says peaches. Instead of making a traditional cobbler or pie with these fresh peaches and cherry tomatoes, I decided to make a fresh summer salsa.
This Cherry Tomato Peach Salsa is so fresh and bursting with flavor! It’s loaded with fresh peaches, cherry tomatoes, basil, serrano peppers, and lime juice. That’s it!
The sweetness of the peaches complements the spicy serrano pepper. I used serrano peppers over jalapenos because they are a tad bit spicier. You can always adjust the amount of heat for an even spicier or milder salsa. Either way, this Peach Salsa makes a great snack or appetizer.
This salsa is so simple to make and takes less than 15 minutes from start to finish. Simply chop up all of the ingredients, and throw them in a large bowl with your lime juice, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve with a side of homemade tortilla chips.
Ingredients for Peach Salsa
- Tomatoes: I prefer to use cherry tomatoes sliced in half for this recipe as they’re my favorite kind of tomato, however, use any fresh tomato you like! Diced Roma would be great as well.
- Peaches: Fresh, ripe peaches! You can either leave the skin on or peel them. I would avoid using canned peaches in syrup as they’re really too sweet. Thawed frozen peaches may work as well, but if you can use fresh, they are the best!
- Basil: Basil provides a burst of fresh, herby flavor! I love the contrast between basil in peach salsa and cilantro in traditional salsa.
- Serrano pepper: I had to add a little heat! Peaches and chilis go extremely well together. I used a serrano which has a good kick of heat but if you’d like something a little milder, try a jalapeño instead.
- Lime juice: Salsa needs a little acidity, especially when it has a sweet ingredient like peaches in it. Lime juice has a perfect tartness for peach salsa.
- Seasoning: A little salt and pepper, season this recipe to your taste!
How to make Fresh Peach Salsa
- Begin by preparing all of the ingredients and then add them to a bowl.
- Next, toss them to combine.
- Feel free to adjust the heat by adding in extra serrano peppers.
- Season and serve, or allow the peach salsa to sit for a couple of hours in the fridge to chill and let the flavors develop, and then serve with homemade tortilla chips or spicy pita chips!
How to store peach salsa
Store this peach salsa in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Tips for Success
- I like to leave this in the fridge for a couple of hours or even overnight. When the ingredients in this salsa get to marinate for a bit, the flavors develop beautifully and really pack a punch!
- This recipe also works with other fruits! Try a diced mango, pineapple, or strawberries instead.
- Make this peach salsa recipe for meal prep! It keeps really well in the fridge and is perfect on wraps, tacos, nachos, or as a healthy snack with tortilla chips or veggie sticks.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Peach Salsa made of? Peach salsa is a really simple recipe consisting of tomatoes, peaches, basil, lime, a serrano chili pepper, salt, and pepper. It’s sweet, spicy, acidic, salty, and so addictive!
- What herbs compliment peaches? The contrast between peaches and fresh herbs is one of my favorite flavor combinations. Peaches go really well with basil, rosemary, tarragon, cilantro, and thyme.
- Should I peel tomatoes for salsa? There is no need to peel tomatoes for salsa. If you would like the salsa to be more smooth, feel free to pulse it in a food processor, or use an immersion blender for a couple of seconds.
More of my favorite Fruit Salsa Recipes to try
- Blueberry Lime Salsa by How Sweet Eats
- Mango Salsa by White on Rice Couple
- Watermelon Blueberry Salsa by The Healthy Foodie
- Mojito Melon Salsa by How Sweet Eats
- Cherry Salsa by The First Mess
More Salsa Recipes you will love
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to leave a review! This helps other readers and my website! I love to hear your feedback!
Cherry Tomato Peach Salsa
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup peaches medium diced
- 1/2 tablespoon basil chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon serrano pepper finely diced
- 2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- pinch salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Toss to combine.
- Adjust the heat to your liking.
- Serve immediately or let sit for a couple of hours to let flavors develop.