Nutrient packed Kale Quinoa and Avocado Salad. Super healthy and loaded with tons of fresh flavor!
I have been trying to eat a salad everyday for lunch. For me salads can get boring really fast so I try and keep a couple different salads in rotation. My Strawberry Spinach Salad and Thai Chicken Salad are just two of my favorites. Just like this Chopped Kale Quiona salad they are loaded with tons of flavor, crunch and packed with nutrients.
This salad is made with chopped kale, precooked quinoa, mushrooms and avocado. I kept the salad light and fresh and only added olive oil and lemon juice to dress the salad. I like to eat this salad as is or with a drizzle of my favorite Lemon Herb Dressing.
This recipe takes less than 10 minutes to make thanks to the pre-cooked quiona. The recipe serves one but can easily be doubled or tripled. I like to make up large batches of this salad and toss with olive oil and lemon juice just before serving.
This salad is loaded with tons of health benefits. Here’s the breakdown:
- Kale: Full of essential vitamins and minerals. Low in calories and packs a good amount of protein.
- Quinoa: High in protein and fiber. Loaded with tons of essential vitamins.
- Mushrooms: Naturally low in calories and fat. Mushrooms are a wonderful source of Vitamin D.
- Avocado: Good source of protein and healthy fats. Also loaded with fiber!
Enjoy and have a wonderful Valentine’s Day! ♥
Chopped Kale Quinoa and Avocado Salad
- 1 1/2 cups chopped kale
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 tablespoons avocado diced
- 4 tablespoons button mushrooms diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- salad dressing optional if desired (My <a href="https://chefsavvy.com/main-dish/336/" target="_blank" data-mce-href="https://chefsavvy.com/main-dish/336/">Lemon Herb Dressing</a> would be wonderful on this!)
Add kale, quinoa, avocado and mushrooms to a bowl.
Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice.
Sprinkle with parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately as is of with your favorite dressing.
Original recipe from chefsavvy.com. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. Thank you!