Sweet and salty dark chocolate pretzels covered in graham cracker crumbs and stuffed with gooey marshmallows.
I have been on a s’mores kick lately. Maybe because it’s the season of s’mores or maybe becauce I have been tempted by so many s’mores recipes popping up on the web. It could also be the fact that we will be going camping in less than three weeks and I am getting prepared for all of the s’mores I will be consuming.
Who doesn’t love s’mores?
The gooey marshmallows and the rich creamy dark chocolate. It doesn’t get better than that.
These Dark Chocolate S’more Pretzels are dipped in mildly sweet chocolate and then coated with graham cracker crumbs. Toasted mini marshmallows get sandwiched in the center. They are best served warm with the marshmallow oozing out of the sides.
This recipe is so simple to make and is soooo good. I keep the s’more pretzels in the fridge (if they last long enough). They are nice and chewy when they are a chilled.
You have everything you love about a s’more sandwiched between two salty pretzels. These Dark Chocolate S’more Pretzels are the perfect combination of salty and sweet.
I choose to use dark chocolate for my s’mores however you can easily substitute milk chocolate or add some sugar to the chocolate while it is melting.
I let the marshmallows brown up under the boiler. This usually takes about a minute. Make sure to keep an eye on them. If you are in a hurry you can always skip this step and throw them in the microwave for a couple of seconds to melt the marshmallow.
These Dark Chocolate S’more Pretzels are so easy to make and kid friendly. Simply melt the chocolate, dip the pretzels and roll in the graham cracker crumbs. Top with a toasted marshmallow and another pretzel and your done!
You can enjoy these s’mores year round! They are perfect for Labor Day or end of summer road trips!
Dark Chocolate S'more Pretzels
- 28 mini salted pretzels
- ½ cup mildly sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ⅓ cup crumbled graham crackers (about 4 squares)
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- Start by melting chocolate and milk in a small saucepan. Stir frequently to make sure the chocolate does not burn on the bottom of the pan. This should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Dip pretzels in melted chocolate scraping off any excess. (I like to use a fork to dip the pretzels in the chocolate. Immediately dip the chocolate covered pretzels in the graham cracker crumbs. Repeat until all of the pretzels are coated. (I place the dipped pretzels on a cooling rack to let any excess chocolate or graham cracker drip down.)
- Next line half of your pretzels on a baking sheet. Top them with about 3-4 mini marshmallows each. Place under a broiler on high to let marshmallows brown. Takes about 1-2 minutes. Keep a very close eye on them. Do not walk away.
- Top each pretzel and marshmallow with another pretzel to make a sandwich. Repeat. Serve immediately when warm or place in the refrigerator to firm up.