Breakfast Cookies loaded with oats, peanut butter and chocolate chips. Wonderful for breakfast or as a healthy protein packed snack!
- 2¼ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda and chocolate chips in a large bowl.
- Combine peanut butter, apple sauce, maple syrup, brown sugar and egg in a medium bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- On a baking sheet lined with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper, portion out heaping tablespoon cookies. Smash the cookie down to flatten it out. (Cookies do not puff up or spread a lot in the oven)
- Bake for 9-10 minutes or until slightly browned and they appear firm.
- Cool for a couple of minutes on the baking sheet and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Copyright © 2019 Chef Savvy