Classic Mint Mojito
Classic Mint Mojito made with fresh squeezed limes, mint leaves and rum. Refreshing drink for a hot summer night!
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 20 sprigs fresh mint
- 1 lime, cut in small wedges
- 2 ounces white rum
- 2 ounces sparkling water
- Add sugar and water to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook until sugar dissolves. Takes about 1-2 minutes to dissolve. Take off of heat and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, add mint and lime in a small pitcher or large glass.
- Muddle together for about a minute until all of the juice is squeezed out of the lime and the oils have released from the mint.
- Add cooled simple syrup and rum to the mint and lime.
- Fill each glass with ice.
- Pour half of the mojito mixture into each glass. Top with sparkling water.
Notes Original recipe from chefsavvy.com. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. Thank you!
Copyright © 2019 Chef Savvy