This super easy Grilled Curry Mango Chicken recipe features bone-in chicken thighs brushed with a sweet and savory curry mango sauce. And it’s ready in less than 30 minutes!
Delicious and Easy Grilled Curry Mango Chicken
I am always looking for quick summertime meals that can be made on the grill in less than 30 minutes, and this Grilled Curry Mango Chicken recipe fit the bill! Best of all this meal is made with only 6 ingredients!! Perfect for busy summer days!
For so few ingredients, there is so much flavor in this sauce! It has a nice sweetness from the chutney and the perfect amount of spice from the curry powder.
This is sure to be your new favorite summertime meal!
To make this simple and delicious Grilled Curry Mango Chicken in the comfort of home, all you need is: chicken thighs (bone-in and skin on for maximum chicken flavor), salt, freshly cracked black pepper, curry powder, garlic powder, onion powder, mango chutney (or apricot preserves), and cayenne pepper (for heat).
I specifically made this recipe with chicken thighs to keep the chicken tender and juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside. This recipe can be made with either bone in or boneless chicken thighs, as well as chicken legs (you’ll just have to adjust the cooking time).
I personally prefer skin-on chicken for the extra crispy skin! If you make this recipe with boneless chicken breasts, just make sure to lower the cooking time so it doesn’t overcook.
How To Make Grilled Curry Mango Chicken
- Start by patting the chicken thighs dry, then seasoning them with salt and pepper. This helps to get the crispy skin on the outside.
- Inn a small bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients — curry powder, garlic powder, onion powder and mango chutney.
- Set aside the sauce, and preheat your grill.
- When the grill is hot, cook the chicken for 5 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- When the chicken is finished cooking, brush on the sauce, and serve immediately! You can serve extra to dip in as well.
What To Serve with This Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Creamy Confetti Corn
- White, brown, or cauliflower rice
- Baked Parmesan Potato Wedges
- BLT Pasta Salad
- The BEST Baked Beans
- Roasted Garlic Brussels Sprouts
Storage, Freezing, and Reheating Instructions
- Store leftover grilled chicken thighs in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 4 days.
- Reheat leftover grilled chicken in the oven or air fryer to re-crisp the skin. Otherwise, you can reheat it in the microwave until warmed through.
- While you can freeze these grilled chicken thighs, we don’t recommend it unless you plan to bake or air fry them when reheating.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes
- Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
- Slow Cooker Honey Sriracha Chicken
- Easy Baked Teriyaki Chicken
- Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- Sticky Tender Asian Chicken Thighs
Grilled Curry Mango Chicken
- 4 chicken thighs bone-in and skin on
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup mango chutney I've also used apricot preserves and they are great too!
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional (only if you want some spice)
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Pat the chicken thighs dry with a paper towel. This ensures the skin will get nice and crispy.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place on the grill and cook for 5 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl combine curry powder, garlic powder, onion powder and chutney.
- When the chicken is finished cooking brush on the sauce and serve immediately! You can serve extra to dip in as well!
Thank you NESTEA for sponsoring this post! All opinions and text are my own.