30 minute Chewy Peanut Butter S’mores Sandwich Cookies. Real marshmallow sandwiched between two peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies. No campfire needed!
It’s freezing cold and snowing in the Northeast and all I can think about are s’mores. I just can’t get enough of them. Gooey chocolate, sticky marshmallows, all sandwiched between a chewy cookie. I came up with an indoor version of s’mores with peanut butter cookies instead of the standard graham cracker. I took my favorite Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe and added chocolate chips and sandwiched the cookies between a large marshmallow!
I decided to skip marshmallow fluff for the inside of our cookie and use the real thing. A nice gooey, sticky, thick marshmallow. There’s nothing like the real thing. These cookies are best served warm right out of the oven. You can always reheat them if you have leftovers. I recommend placing them in the microwave for a couple of seconds.
Just like a campfire s’more they are ooey, gooey, sticky and a bit messy.
I slightly under baked the cookies to get the soft, chewy center. Melt in your mouth on the inside and firm on the edges. Just how I like my cookies.
Brown sugar is also used in the cookies to make them extra soft and chewy.
These cookies are super easy to make. You will be eating these Peanut Butter S’mores Sandwich Cookies in 30 minutes or less!
You get about 16 cookies total from this recipe. I like to roll dough into rounded tablespoons and place on a non stick baking mat. It is important to flatten the cookies before placing them in the oven. This helps them spread. If you do not flatten the cookies you will end up with a very tall and thick cookie.
Bake the peanut butter chocolate chips cookies and allow them to cool on the pan for 2 minutes and then on a wire pan for a couple more minutes. Keep the oven on. Flip over half of the cookies (should be about 8) and place 1 whole marshmallow on each cookie. Place in the oven and bake for 1-2 minutes or until marshmallow is soft and gooey. Take out of the oven and press the marshmallow down gently with your fingers. (I do this before placing the cookie on top so it doesn’t crumble). Top with another cookie and serve!
Enjoy this cookie with no campfire needed! Perfect for any season!
Love these cookies? Here are a few of my other favorites
- Peanut Butter Reese’s and Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chips Cookies
- Ultra Thick and Chewy Ginger Sugar Cookies
S'mores Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup butter 1 stick, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 whole egg
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cups all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 8 marshmallows left whole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add in peanut butter and mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in egg and vanilla. Mix until combined and clump free.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the batter in two parts with the stand mixer on the lowest speed. Mix for a little less than a minute. Do not over mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips by hand.
- Portion dough into 16 cookies.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with a baking mat. Using your fingers gently flatten the cookies. This will help the cookies spread as they cook.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden brown and firm on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let set for 2 minutes on the baking sheet. DO NOT TURN OFF OVEN.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and cool for 2-3 more minutes (until they are cool enough to handle).
- Flip over half of the cookies (should be about 8) and place 1 whole marshmallow on each cookie. Place in the oven and bake for 1-2 minutes or until the marshmallow is soft and gooey. Take out of the oven and press the marshmallow down gently with your fingers. (I do this before placing the cookie on top so it doesn't crumble).
- Top with another cookie and serve immediately. Cookies are best served hot. To reheat cookies just place in the microwave for a couple of seconds.
Original recipe from chefsavvy.com. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. Thank you!