This Pineapple Sunset Cocktail recipe is made with pineapple juice, vodka, and grenadine. It’s perfect for quenching your thirst on a hot spring or summer day, and takes less than 5 minutes to make!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
Sometimes You Just Need a Cocktail
I have been busy this past week moving into our new house and getting settled in. And in the midst of all the chaos, I decided to give myself a well-deserved break to unwind. I ran to the fridge to see what kind of quick cocktail I could whip up in little time. I’m a big fan of Malibu Bay Breezes, but did not have any Malibu rum on hand. But I did have pineapple juice, grenadine, and vodka. I could work with that!
This fruity summer cocktail is almost too good! It’s the perfect way to relax and hydrate on a hot summer day (or when you’re in the middle of moving). I highly recommend this Pineapple Sunset Cocktail for your next summer barbecue or hot weather get-together!
This pineapple cocktail i fruity, sweet, and goes down way too easy. Just like my orange crush cocktail. It has summer written all over it! This Pineapple Sunset is very refreshing and perfect for lounging on your porch on a hot summer day. So, carve out a couple minutes out of the day today to savor the moment and treat yourself to a Pineapple Sunset Cocktail. Enjoy!
To make my version of a bay breeze without the Malibu, I used the grenadine in place of the cranberry juice and vodka in place of the rum. You only need a few ingredients to be able to sit back, relax, and sip on this Pineapple Sunset Cocktail in the comfort of your own home!
- Ice (Type is up to you, but I like bigger cubes so it doesn’t melt as fast and dilute my cocktail.)
- 1 cup pineapple juice (Opt for pure pineapple juice without any added sugar to reduce your chances of a sugar hangover!)
- 3 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce grenadine
- Maraschino cherries
- Splash of sparkling water (You can use plain, citrus-flavored, or your favorite lemon-lime soda!)
How To Make This Summer Cocktail
- Start by filling each glass with ice.
- Then, top with your pineapple cocktail ingredients — pineapple juice, vodka, grenadine, and a splash of sparkling water.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries! How easy is that? This cocktail takes only 5 minutes to make start to finish.
Tips and Variations
- If you don’t have sparkling water or seltzer on hand, then go ahead and substitute sprite or 7-Up for this pineapple cocktail. We just want something with a bit of fizz to add to our cocktail (to help it go down smoother.
- Add more fresh fruit as an edible garnish like pineapple chunks, berries, or even watermelon.
- Or blend this up with some ice to make a frozen Pineapple Sunset!
You can make a large pitcher of this Pineapple Sunset Cocktail if you’re planning to serve a crowd. Just omit the ice and sparkling water or soda until you’re ready to serve. Keep the cocktail concoction in the fridge so it stays chilled, and then give it a stir before pouring up. It should keep in the fridge for up to 2 or 3 days.
More Cocktail Recipes To Try
- Classic Margarita
- Mint Mojito
- Spiked Berry Lemonade
- Cranberry Pomegranate Mojito
- White Wine Sangria
- Mixed Berry Margaritas
- Begin by filling each glass with ice.
- Top with pineapple juice and vodka. Stir to combine
- Add grenadine and top with a splash of sparkling water
- Garnish with maraschino cherries.