Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers
Mexican Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers. Loaded with enchilada sauce, black beans and corn. A quick, easy and satisfying meal!
- 5-6 depending on size tri-color bell peppers, tops cut off and seeds and ribs removed
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey uncooked
- 1 cup rice cooked (mexican, brown rice, or white rice)
- 1 cup canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese plus more for topping, if desired
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- sour cream
- shredded mexican cheese
- enchilada sauce
- lime wedges
Spray the bottom of a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place the peppers inside.
In a large bowl combine ground beef or turkey, rice, black beans, corn, enchilada sauce, cheese, seasoning and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Place the filling into the cavity of each pepper.
Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-6 hours or until the meat is cooked through.
Serve immediately with some of the optional toppings, if desired. Goes great with a side salad!
Original recipe from chefsavvy.com. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. Thank you!