Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salad with Rice
Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salad with Rice. A healthy and colorful summer side dish that takes less than 30 minutes to make!
- 2 ears of corn husked
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup <a rel="nofollow" href="http://bit.ly/1FvI1q7" data-mce-href="http://bit.ly/1FvI1q7">Minute Brown Rice</a>
- 3/4 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup tomatoes diced
- 3 tablespoons red onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoon jalapeno diced
- 2 tablespoons queso fresco crumbled
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Spray grill and corn with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle the corn with a little salt and pepper. Grill until corn is tender about 8-10 minutes. Turn corn every 1-2 minutes to make sure it does not burn.
To make the rice bring water to a boil. Add in rice and simmer for 5 minutes, covered. Take off of the heat and let it sit for an additional 5 minutes to soak up the water, covered. Fluff rice with fork. Set aside and allow to cool.
Meanwhile add the rest of the ingredients to a large bowl. Toss to combine. Add in the cooled rice and toss. I like to refrigerate it before serving but you can always serve as is.
Original recipe from chefsavvy.com. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. Thank you!