Easy Chicken Enchiladas
Easy Chicken Enchiladas Easy Chicken Enchiladas. Loaded with shredded chicken, black beans, enchilada sauce and shredded Mexican cheese!
- 2 10 ounce cans enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 pound shredded chicken about 2 cups, I used chicken thighs but breasts will also work
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 15.5 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese divided
- fresh cilantro diced red onions, tomatoes for serving, if desired
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 13 x 9 pan, set aside.
In a small skillet heat olive oil. Add onion and sauté until golden brown and slightly tender, 3-4 minutes.
Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
Transfer onion / garlic mixture to a large bowl along with the shredded chicken, green chilies, black beans, 1 cup of enchilada sauce and 2 cups of Mexican cheese. Stir to combine.
Lay out the 8 flour tortillas. Divide the filling between the tortillas. Roll them up and place in the prepared baking dish.
Pour the remaining 3/4 of enchilada sauce on top and sprinkle with the remaining shredded cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes uncovered or until warm.
Serve immediately with fresh cilantro, red onions and tomatoes for serving, if desired.