One Pan Mexican Pasta
- 2 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium bell pepper diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 15.5 ounce can black beans
- 1 cup corn
- 1 24 ounce jar tomato sauce
- 2 cups salsa I used medium
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 cups elbow macaroni uncooked
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped for serving
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven. Add in ground beef and cook until beef is not longer pink and is browned. Drain excess fat and set aside.
Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the same pan. Add in the bell pepper and onion and saute for 3-4 minutes, or until tender.
Add beef back to the pan and stir in black beans, corn, pasta sauce, salsa, pasta and beef broth. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 10-15 minutes.
Serve immediately with fresh chopped cilantro on top if desired.