One Pan Mexican Pasta
- 2 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium bell pepper diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 15.5 ounce can black beans
- 1 cup corn
- 1 24 ounce jar tomato sauce
- 2 cups salsa I used medium
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 cups elbow macaroni uncooked
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped for serving
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven. Add in ground beef and cook until beef is not longer pink and is browned. Drain excess fat and set aside.
Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the same pan. Add in the bell pepper and onion and saute for 3-4 minutes, or until tender.
Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
Add beef back to the pan and stir in black beans, corn, pasta sauce, salsa, pasta and beef broth. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 10-15 minutes.
Serve immediately with fresh chopped cilantro on top if desired.