Mixed Berry Compote
This mixed berry compote is a great way to use up all of your favorite summer fruit! Whip together a quick batch of this 3-ingredient berry compote recipe and serve with pancakes, yogurt or cheesecake.
For mixed berry compote:
- 1½ cups mixed berries I used fresh blueberries, raspberries and strawberries.
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
Other flavor options:
- Orange Zest
- Lemon Zest
- Favorite Liqueur
Add all of the ingredients to a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Mash up the fruit as your stirring with the back of your spoon.
Mash up the fruit as your stirring with the back of your spoon. Serve with french toast, cheesecake, pancakes, ice cream, yogurt, toast or waffles.
- Use overripe berries: This berry compote recipe is perfect if you have berries that have just gotten a bit too mushy for your taste. They'll taste just as good as your just-bought berries, but they'll be a bit easier to mash.
- Keep the leftovers: This easy mixed berry compote can be stored in the refrigerator and warned up as needed. Be sure to keep the compote in an airtight container! It should last for up to 2 weeks when properly stored and refrigerated.
- Freeze for later: Mixed berry compote will last about 2 weeks in the fridge, but if you want to keep some around longer, you can always freeze it! I recommend pouring the compote into jars, then sealing while it is still hot.