Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup with Couscous
Super Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup with Couscous. An easy weeknight dinner the whole family will love!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 10 ounce can enchilada sauce (medium)
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup salsa medium
- 1 15.5 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded boneless chicken tenders cooked
- 1 cup cooked couscous
- 3/4 cup Sargentro Off the Block 4 Cheese Mexican
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- avocado for garnish if desired
- tortilla strips for garnish if desired
- cilantro for garnish if desired
Add oil to a large saucepan.
Add in onion and saute for 2-3 minutes.
Add in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Pour in chicken broth, enchilada sauce, crushed tomatoes, salsa, black beans, corn, cumin, paprika and pepper.
Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
Stir in precooked shredded chicken and warm through.
Take off of the heat and add in cheese, lime juice and cilantro.
To serve spoon couscous into the bottom of each bowl. Ladle soup on top and serve immediately.
Garnish with avocado, cilantro, cheese and tomatoes if desired.