Slow Cooker Guinness Beef Stew
Slow Cooker Guinness Beef Stew. Super tender melt in your mouth chuck roast cooked low and slow for 8 hours!
- 2 pound chuck roast cut into 1-2 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 3 large carrots large dice
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 pint Guinness stout
- a couple dashes of worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound potatoes halved or quartered depending on size
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Add the cubed beef, flour, salt and pepper to a large ziplock bag. Toss to coat.
Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat.
Brown the beef in two batches until caramelized and golden brown.
Add the beef to the slow cooker along with the rest of the ingredients.
Cook on low for 8 hours.
Serve immediately and season with salt and pepper to taste.