Mocha Cream Brownies
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter cubed
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs cold
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
Coffee Cream Layer
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 9 or 8 x 8 pan with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
Add butter to a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until light brown / caramel in color. 5-10 minutes. Make sure to keep and eye on it so butter does not burn. It also helps to use a light colored saucepan for this.
Pour browned butter into a large bowl along with both sugars, cocoa powder, salt, instant coffee granules and baking powder. Stir until combined and allow to rest for 5 minutes or until the mixture has cooled down.
Stir in the eggs and vanilla and mix until batter has a nice sheen to it.
Fold in the flour and stir until combined. (Do not over mix)
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
Allow the brownies to cool completely on a wire rack.
Once cool spread the brownies with the coffee cream.
Top with the chocolate ganache.
Place the brownies in the fridge to set for 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Coffee Cream Layer
In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment cream butter until light and fluffy.
Add in heavy cream, coffee granules and powdered sugar. Mix until combined and smoothed. Set aside until you are ready to assemble the brownies.
In a small saucepan add the chocolate chips and heavy cream. Whisk until smooth and melted, set aside.
- Nutrition Analysis is for brownies only
- Coffee Cream adapted from Inside BruCrew Life