Slow Cooker Chinese Barbecue Pork
Slow Cooker Chinese Barbecue Pork. Cooked low and slow for 8 hours until fall apart tender!
- 1 4 pound pork shoulder/pork butt trimmed of excess fat and cubed
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup hoisin
- 1 teaspoon sriracha or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chinese 5 spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Add the pork and the sauce ingredients to the slow cooker and toss to coat the meat.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
Once the pork is tender shred it with two forks. I just do this in the slow cooker.
You can drain some of the liquid or serve the extra liquid over rice!
Serve immediately with sesame seeds if desired.
For crispy pork when the pork has finished cooking and is shredded preheat broiler and place the pork on a rimmed baking sheet.
Cook until browned and crispy, 3-4 minutes. Make sure to keep an eye on it and continue to toss it.
Serve immediately and enjoy!